Monday, May 10, 2010

Time and Distance......

..... go back about 30 years, My Dad was living in Kensington Avenue in Salt lake with my Stepmother. Dad didn't drive and occasionally I would call to see if they would like to go for a ride. I took Lilian and David with me, and after we picked them up we drove to HobbleCreek Canyon in Utah Valley. Who knew it was there? I still don't think I could go back there, but.... that was where we ended up. As we passed the Point of the Mountain and came to a mileage board David said (with disgust as only an 8 year old can)"it's 22 miles to Provo....!!!!!" and his Grandpa said,"YES!!!!! and when I am dead and gone it will still be 22 miles to Provo".
Silence from the back seat. But guess what? it is still 22 miles to Provo and everytime I pass this sign, or David does we call each other to say "it is 22 miles to Provo". Family traditions are created from less. And eventually when I am gone perhaps his kids will call him and say, "it is 22 miles to Provo" I hope so. :o)

Not that I am going anywhere.

5 comments:

Lilian said...

I remember that moment.

Lesley said...

I remember that picture.

Archie said...

yeah but i'll bet back then it only took 22 minutes from that sign to get to Provo.

Margie said...

I've never heard that story or seen the picture.

Thanks for sharing :)

Marivic said...

Well, they better not relocate that sign ever or it won't be 22 miles to Provo :-)