Thursday morning it took us 30 minutes to go 4 miles ............ but the opening talk by Sister Beck was worth it.
We went and did some service so that when they gave the figures of completed projects on Friday I wouldn't feel guilty if I didn't participate :o) The young Sister set a personal goal of 5 blankies, I did 2 and a half. This other Sister from Aspen CO. and I shared the glory on this blankie. Lesley made 3. Not bad for her first time.
The concert was wild. Alex Boye was so awesome in his program someone, commented to me she would never again be able to watch him in the Choir and take him seriously. Hilary Weeks was the Emcee and her theme was laundry. As Alex Boye was acting out someone in the audience yelled, "I'll do your laundry". This, from 10000 Relief Society, Primary and YW workers. It was a lot of fun.
Friday was a real treat as we listened to Elder Oaks as the closing speaker. The closing song was "I know that my Redeemer Lives" to hear upwards of 15000 women sing "I.Know....That.My.Redeemer.Lives." Was unforgettable.
We made some new friends and met some old ones. Lesley met her neighbor and I met my mission president's wife.
Here's to next year. Come with us.

5 comments:
Sounds like a very fun, uplifting time, indeed! Glad to see you're back to blogging!!
I think my calendar is pretty open next year. I would like to be informed when you register please!!
I'm glad you had such a fun time!! I missed being there this year. Women's Conference IS a wonderful and powerful experience!
I love BYU Women's Conference. It is such an uplifting experience every year. Mother, you forgot to tell about your P&J sandwich :-)
I didn't forget, I am planning on making a post on that alone it was so special :o)
Stay tuned
Post a Comment