Thursday, June 25, 2009

What's So Special about June 25th....

....it's half past Christmas.

This is the wording of a cartoon in the Deseret News
on June 25th 1971.
It is also the day our youngest, David was born!!!!
So to us of course June 25th is always special.
He named himself as the "golden child" when he was in his 20's. But at the age of 14 he became an "only" child when the last of his siblings got married. When someone in school expressed envy at his "aloneness" David explained it took him 14 years to get there.
As a teenager he was quite laid back, never wanting anything bad enough to have to work for it. But generally got it anyway. Because his Mom thought he should have it.
We lost him one time when he was 5 years old and after scouring the neighborhood and enlisting much help we found him asleep under the bed. His sister tells of the time he wanted to be carried when they were on a walk and she refused because he was to big to be carried. He sat down on the ground and she walked off and left him. He just sat there until she gave in and had to walk quite aways back to get him.
In High school he got involved in the theater and has provided much enjoyment for lots of people in his performances at Rogers Memorial Theater. And never ending joy and laughter for his family as he creates special songs every Christmas of a family nature. He has no competition as "Joseph....." and he can show whoever how to sing "Music of the Night", much to the delight of Margie.
We always have fun when David is around. He is a good man. He loves his wife, he loves his kids, he loves his siblings, he loves his Mom and Dad and he loves the Lord, and we love him. So much talent, so many stories, not enough time.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SON
and many more.

6 comments:

Wood Fam said...

happy birthday to David. June 25th is special, I'd have to agree... my oldest niece, Chloe, was born on June 25th as well! 6 years old today :)

Lilian said...

Spoilt Brat is what I call him! Look at the blog post all especially for HIM!!! Oh my goodness!! And I must tell you the reason he calls himself the "golden child" is because I'm the one who told him he is! Wow! Was I ever RIGHT!

All kidding aside (well, not really kidding... but okay, sorta kidding) - I love my baby brudder Dabid!!! It has been a joy and a pleasure to grow up with him (well, I grew up).

Lesley said...

I love my little brother Way Way. I know who the real golden child is:-)

Alan said...

Happy Birthday Dave!

Just kidding Mom.

Happy Birthday R-Divot

Margie said...

I'm a little late, but I wanted to send a shout out for David's Birthday!! David is a very talented man. I love being around David and he brings so much to our family. I'm so grateful that I have the opportunity to enjoy David's many talents. He is awesome!!

Life's New Adventures at home said...

hurray! for you and Alan too! We had a good laugh and loved the pictures.