Sunday, January 11, 2009

David and Friends

David enjoys to "relax" by participating at our local Playhouse and has had roles in quite a few productions. He was asked by our City Arts Committee to provide some entertainment for our citizens so he enrolled some of his friends from the theater to come perform with him which they did and sang a variety of songs from Broadway shows which they had performed locally.
Our Granddaughter sang "On My Own" from "Les Miserables", and our oldest Grandson sang "Lily's Eyes" from "Secret Garden" and "Those Canaan Days" from "Joseph"plus a couple of others.
But for me the highlight was Alan singing, "I'm reviewing the situation" from "Oliver" He has done a lot of singing over the years at many different functions, but he was delighted to be considered among "David's Friends" and sang this song which he first performed about 35 years ago, I don't remember the occasion but I do remember it was at a program at Viewmont High School. (A Miss Bountiful Pageant?)

4 comments:

Lilian said...

I already posted a comment! I wonder where it went?? Oh well! It was a great performace by everyone. I was excited to hear Chelsea's solo. She did a great job!

Margie said...

It was a really fun night!! I loved all of the performances. What a treat. Chelsea does have a wonderful voice, and I was impressed with her stage performance too. David is so funny & a great entertainer. My sister's always like me to let them know when the family is performing. Dad did a wonderful job too, and that was a treat for us. Andy is a genius and so talented. I'm glad to be related!

BobN said...

What a great event!

I think it was the first time I'd heard Chelsea sing solo. She's very good.

Little GrumpyAngel said...

Dad is awesome! Glad you posted this Mom since we didn't get to see it in person.