A few things that have happened in my life in December:
1941 My brother Bryan was born. I remember going to see my Mother at the
hospital with him.
1954 I got engaged on Christmas Eve.
First time we saw "White Christmas"
1956 Alan was cruising in the Mediterrean (courtesy of HM Queen) on HMT Dunera
my Dad and Bryan went to England for Christmas and I was home all
alone.
1941 My brother Bryan was born. I remember going to see my Mother at the
hospital with him.
1954 I got engaged on Christmas Eve.
First time we saw "White Christmas"
1956 Alan was cruising in the Mediterrean (courtesy of HM Queen) on HMT Dunera
my Dad and Bryan went to England for Christmas and I was home all
alone.
1959 Archie was born.

1962 First Christmas in America. I remember doing the same things I had in
Belfast, being tired as a result on Christmas Day, looking forward
to Boxing Day and getting up on the 26th to find Christmas was
over and some people's trees already in the curb for pickup.
1982 Timothy and Margie got married in the Jordan River Temple.

1985 Lilian and Cory got married in Salt Lake Temple.

1985 Lesley held first family Christmas Party.
1988 Ammanda born day after her Dad's birthday.

1989 Our Christopher passed away unexpectedly.
What a terrible Christmas.

1997 Went to York Minister on Christmas Eve. We were serving in the
Birmingham Mission at the time. Actually we were gone two Christmases.

1998 Jeffrey left to serve a mission in Seattle.

2010 I had cancer surgery.

7 comments:
And one week before Christmas 1993 Alan Jr. left Utah for a job in Reno with plans of moving back in a year or two, three tops. :(
And I spent that Christmas day (a Saturday) walking alone on Virginia Street looking for a place to eat. Of course the Casinos are always open, even on Christmas.
What a good memory Mother. I remember that Christmas Alan. I felt sad that you were alone :(
Jeffrey also came home in December :-)
I also had NO IDEA you were engaged on Christmas Eve!
Why didn't I know that about Alan Jr. Poor Alan. That makes me sad.
Don't feel too bad Lesley and Lilian. That night Marivic, Tara and AJ arrived by plane in Reno to spend a week with me as we searched for an apartment so I ended that lonely Christmas happy with my little family. :)
Happy Christmasses and heart-broken-me Christmasses. I choose to remember the good ones...Christmas 1985 was my first Christmas as a Marsden. I remember being the "star of Bethlehem" during a family reading of the Christmas story from Luke in Mom and Dad's living room. Haha! Fun times! I also remember Mom and Dad giving us a vacuum cleaner for Christmas that year because Alan and I were such "poverty-stricken" newly weds and couldn't afford our own vacuum cleaner:-)We've been so blessed since then.
Great Christmas memories. Great post Mom.
Wow, that is alot of stuff that has gone on. I loved the way you wrote it. I love your family!
Post a Comment