.... What do you do in the Summer time when all the world is green.?
I love the summertime when we get to participate in our Nation's birthday and go to the parade in Kaysville with Lilian and her family, and have a family BBQ at David's and then watch fireworks and sing patriotic songs.
Later in July we celebrate the pioneers entering the Salt Lake Valley. I can NEVER get past the 24th without having compassion for the women pioneers in their long skirts trailing the ground and having to cook over hot fires etc. No A/C for them. Not even any shade. Doesn't your heart go out to them? I do not forget the men, I just think of those long skirts.
We love to go to Cherry Hill and celebrate two family birthdays.
I love to go to Dairy Queen late at night and eat ice cream.
I sometimes go to watch Michael and Jeffrey play softball. There is a certain amount of laziness in the air.
As we have travelled around in other States and we see people playing ball etc. we always think, "this is America" One time as we returned from a trip to England we got on the plane at Gatwick and the cabin was resounding with the Tabernacle Choir's recording of "Oh beautiful for Spacious Skies" our hearts were touched and we were ready to return "HOME"
Becca can sum it up for all of us I'm sure.
So, what do you like to do in the summertime?

5 comments:
I appreciate the pioneers, too. But I didn't have A/C growing up and it wasn't too bad. I guess you don't miss something unless you have it. Because now I will absolutely DIE if I don't have A/C.
We are looking forward to your visit to our part of America later this month, Mom. We'll put in the order for ball games in the park so you and Dad will feel right at home :-) We don't have Dairy Queen but we have Coldstone (yummy!) so that should work. We're going to have a great time!
I loved that post. I couldn't figure out where the "ice-cream" photo was taken but I enlarged it and realized it was San Celemente '07. I'd really love to be going to CA again. That's what I LOVE to do in the summertime....and falltime and wintertime and springtime :-)
What a wonderful tribute to our GREAT America -- this land, "choice above all other lands."
What a blessing to have this nation where the gospel could be restored. I give thanks always for these wonderful blessings that are mine -- and yours, and all Americans.
I loved the musical rendition -- how cute!!!
Love you both -- Have a wonderful holiday!!
P.S. What we're loving to do in this summertime is the Hill Cumorah Pageant -- it starts July 10th. Busy time, but wonderful!!
Just last night my boys camped out in the yard. AS it turned out, so did the neighbors on both sides of us (in their own yards). We have already had nights with the fire pit and days at Cherry Hill. Today we are looking forward to the parade, BBQ, and fireworks. I love summer time... I love this land.
(i knew that was San Clemente the minute I saw the picture! LUCKY!)
I love America & summertime. I love to listen to patriotic music and I thought Becca did a great job! Last night Tim and I went to Maddox drive-in. After we thought we would just take a drive. We ended up at Willow Park Zoo in Logan. We walked around this little zoo and marveled at the beauty of nature and summer.
Summer is in a three way tie for my favorite season. I love going to the cabin, Snowbird, family gatherings, BBQ's, picnics, any vacation I can go on, getting ice cream, staying up late, early morning walks (not too early), looking at the stars, and I could go on and on!!
Post a Comment