Perhaps you have seen the picture on Lilian's blog of her wearing this dress. Therein lies a story. I do not remember just what year the picture was taken, probably 1969. But Lesley was in Primary and there was a Daddy Daughter Date planned and I made Lesley a new dress for the occasion. Lilian as you can see got a dress also. BUT, when she discovered there was a Daddy Daughter Date planned and she was not part of that invitation she was annoyed. So Daddy promised her that he would take her for icecream for her date. I don't at this point remember the exact details but the promise was fulfilled, and the "date" did take place at "The Cottage" on Main Street in Bountiful.Thursday, April 9, 2009
A Tale of Two Dresses
Perhaps you have seen the picture on Lilian's blog of her wearing this dress. Therein lies a story. I do not remember just what year the picture was taken, probably 1969. But Lesley was in Primary and there was a Daddy Daughter Date planned and I made Lesley a new dress for the occasion. Lilian as you can see got a dress also. BUT, when she discovered there was a Daddy Daughter Date planned and she was not part of that invitation she was annoyed. So Daddy promised her that he would take her for icecream for her date. I don't at this point remember the exact details but the promise was fulfilled, and the "date" did take place at "The Cottage" on Main Street in Bountiful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Look how cute I was!!!! That's my sweet little smile in the pre-David years! HA HA! I remember going to The Cottage with my daddy. I may not remember the exact daddy daughter date, but I do remember going to The Cottage as a little girl.
What a good mom you were/are to make sure I was included in such special occasions.
I loved The Cottage! I remember having a birthday party there. I love this family picture. You are such a good family :)
how sweet! those daddy daughter dates are very special. Always a good memory.
Where are my eyes!?!
Where's my front tooth?
I also loved The Cottage. What a great trip down memory lane. Those were the days!
Post a Comment