Monday, April 27, 2009

Granma's Games

I have always enjoyed playing a couple of games with my grandkids when they were little. I found a couple of pictures to illustrate, and copied some new video. The children always enjoyed these and as each new "wee one" came along they were introduced to the "games" and now some of those "wee ones" are playing these games with their "wee ones" :o) When the "wee ones" got bigger they were dissappointed because they were "too big" for Granma. Their first lesson in "growing up" :o)












Ride a cock horse to Banbury Cross,
See a fine lady on a fine horse.
Rings on her fingers,
Bells on her toes,
She shall have music wherever she goes.
(Then I toss them up with my foot and catch them.)













(Hold hands and feet to feet, rock back and forth)
Bangor boats away.
Have no time to stay.
Put on your coat, run with the boat.
Bangor boats away.
(Then let go their hands and they fall back)

This can be done quietly in Church

5 comments:

Margie said...

I love your games!! It does seem strange how fast the years go by that you played those games with your grandkids (and I am assuming you kids too) and now they are playing them with their children too. A great legacy! You are a GREAT GRANDMA!!

Heidi said...

Chloe was supposed to be going to sleep when she came in my room to see what I was doing. She was very interested in your blog. She already has a favorite quilt picked out, but was most interested in the Bee border. After watching your home video a number of times she went off to bed. She learned a lot about Grammie's dear friend tonight. :-)

Little GrumpyAngel said...

I came over earlier but didn't have the chance to comment because I was at work :-) Anyway --- I think your games will live on Granma. Your half-Filipino grand kids are actually more British than Filipino when it comes to games. We did the Granma games with them at home. With Filipino accent for flavor, of course :-) in the grand tradition of TWINKOL-TWINKOL-LITTLE-STAHR.

Lilian said...

Definitely games that will go on for a long time. What about... round and round the garden, like a teddy bear! One step. Two step. TICKLE UNDER THERE!

Andy said...

Lileenz is right. Round and round the garden is a classic. And we love Granpa's games too. On the bank... In the pond. Half a pound of tuppeny rice.

But I think Bangor Boats will always top my list.