2. I left school at 14 but in my last two years of school I studied French and Latin
3. I was asked to be a Polygamist wife.
Seriously, I was to be the FIRST wife.
"Do You Love Me?" from "Fiddler on the Roof" WAIT, there is MORE,
I was asked to sing a song once when I was conducting an office Christmas party on the 26th floor of the Church Office Building. the person requesting tried to pull rank, but I told them that I didn't have to live with them and I did have to go home with Alan.
You can all breathe a sigh of relief. I only sing for my pleasure and my
family's entertainment. :o)
5. As I get older and I have a new set of aches and pains everyday I ENVY The Queen. She has to have a doctor at her beck and call every minute to ask questions and it doesn't cost her a co-pay.
I was 16 and it was late at night. It wasn't long until he realized he had picked up the wrong person and let me out of the car still a long way from home. The "last" bus was gone and I had to walk. When I was almost home I met my Dad walking down the road to find me all he said was, "Hello Sweetheart" later I found out he was ready to strangle me himself for the anxiety I had caused him.
7. I once dated a guy who ended up in jail. (not for dating me!). While he was
there he met a fellow from the Belfast Branch who was also incarcerated.
Being Belfast, their religion was posted above the cell and he said he had dated a Mormon. Uncle Roy called me a "Gangster's Moll"
. All of these excitements and I met Alan before I was 17!!!!!!!
I guess the Brethren know what they are talking about when they say,
"no dating before you are 16.





7 comments:
Mom, I'm so glad you did this! Wow! It's so fun to know these things about you. #1 didn't surprise me. I still love you though :-) Your daughter in law is in the market sector so I don't buy the Wall St versus Main St storyline.#2 is way cool! You are way cool! I took French for like 2 weeks and then dropped the class. Too lazy. I regret it now. #3 blew me away! I'm glad you didn't become a polygamist wife. I do not approve of their fashion sense :-) Plus there would have been no Alan Jr. :-( #4 you know I feel your pain #5 I know what you mean #6 is so scary. Grampa Ditty was such a gentle father. #7 what did you do to drive the bloke to a life of crime? :-) ha-ha-ha! My mother in law rocks! Totally!
How come I did not know a lot of these things?? I definitely agree with you on #1. I'm shocked at #4 - but then I wonder if everyone in Belfast has the same singing voice????
:-)
It was fun to read your seven things about you. I wnat to hear more about being ask to be a Polygamist wife. That is crazy!!
I am so glad you did not marry a polygamist. I'd look all different and wear braids and funny dresses and probably share Mike with 15 other wives by now. thanks for not marrying the polygamist!!!
PS and not to mention....how many kids would I have!!!!!
wow...when were you asked to be a Polygamist's wife??? That's VERY funny!!!! I also can picture you getting a ride with a stranger....you are a funny lady, granma, thanks for sharing!!!
Thanks for taking the time to come up on Mon. to tell the Cable's about Birmingham....Jer and I had a GREAT time, and I KNOW the Cables did too!!
How revealing. . . . I didn't know you were soooo adventuresome!
Fun to read your blog now and than. We send our love to both of you, our dear friends.
I saw and visited with Sis. Cheaney today at the Visitor's Center -- she was on tour (and having a great time) we were taking tours there (and having a great time, too) So far we've run into her and the Poulsen's from the Temple.
Post a Comment