Friday, August 22, 2008

On this date in History


I was born in Belfast. It was a Sunday. My Mother told my Dad, a beautiful baby girl Joey, a beautiful baby girl. My Dad was so happy, he wanted me to be named after my Mother. I was.

I was the second daughter and had three brothers. Later two more boys were added. I remember when I was ten years old coming home from school upset because the children in school said the world was going to end "tomorrow". My Dad was painting the living room and without missing a stroke said, "do you think if the world is going to end tomorrow I would be painting this room today?" my childish heart was comforted. My Mother died when I was fifteen. I married at almost nineteen and my Dad died here in Utah in 1988. I was truly born of goodly parents and taught the ways of the Lord.

9 comments:

Lesley said...

Happy birthday Mother!! You truly are a hard act to follow. Love you.

Margie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you have a wonderful day. I'm sorry that Megan and I wont be there to help you celbrate your day. You are a wonderful person and I am so glad that you are in my life:)Thank-you for all you do for me and for my family. We are blessed because of you and your goodness.

Alan said...

Happy birthday Mommy! I've gone my whole life without calling you "mommy" but I've just come from a land where everyone referred to you (when speaking to me) as "your mommy." Anyway, I'm glad you were born and not just because I wouldn't have been born if you weren't. Love Alan

Little GrumpyAngel said...

Happy bithday, Mom! I hope you are having a great day. It should be an all-about-Trixie Day! You are totally deserving of such a day. Thank you for being such an awesome mother, mother-in-law, and granma! My life would not have been as blessed if Alan didn't have you for a Mom. I love you.

Vicvic

em said...

Happy Birthday Grandma! I hope you have a wonderful day today. I love your dad's response to the world ending....sounds like something YOU would say! ;)

Karalee said...

Happy Birthday Auntie Trixie! More pictures that I've never seen!! Thanks for posting them...We love you : )

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BEA!! I had now idea it was your Birthday until I broke into your blog tonight. Hope you don't mind.
We start our first day at the Palmyra Temple in the morning -- I can hardly wait, I've missed working in the Temple. And I miss all of you.
I hope you've had a wonderful day!
My Love, Donna

Melissa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANMA! I'm going to call you tomorrow and you can enjoy the pleasure of Adam and I singing beautifully to you. I'm grateful that you are such a wonderful Granma and I hope that I can grow up to be just like you I really mean it! You are one of my heroes and I really love you.

Lilian said...

Happy Birthday to my angel mother! You are truly a great mom (so ya are) and the best granma ever! Love you!!!