Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Gone are the Days

I clipped this picture from the Deseret News Dec. 22nd 1998. 87cents a gallon. This is your lifetime. We may never see this price again. :o(
There are some cliches I hate, others are appropiate, but I am going to use one I never thought I would. We are on a fixed income. Our income has not changed in 10 years. If you are wondering about saving for retirement wonder no longer. DO IT. But we do still buy gas, and we still eat, and we still go on our trips. Life is good. But we are spending our kids inheritance every time we buy gas :o)

7 comments:

Little GrumpyAngel said...

Mom, As much as I enjoy being married to an "heir" we're more than fine with you spending Alan's inheritance on "petrol" everytime you fill your tank and come out to California :-) But yeah, I was getting gas yesterday and I was really happy because I paid under $4 a gallon, then I paused and wondered since when was paying almost $4 for gas exciting?

Little GrumpyAngel said...

Hmmm-- just so my mother in law knows. I'm not being a bad employee. I just got out of a really intense budget meeting, and my brain needs a break. I deserve to take a few minutes to check my mother in law's blog on company time. Besides it's almost quitting time anyway.

Lesley said...

I can't believe those were the prices just 10 years ago. I'm grateful for a company car...hope they don't start putting restrictions on us.

Melissa said...

Don't you worry about me grandma! Adam and I are still poor but we are being wise in our poorness. We save up each semester so that we don't have to take out student loans, we paid off all our credit cards, and we put money into our retirement each month. Perhaps thats why we have no money for gas/food lol.

Melissa said...

Oh in case you didn't know...LOL means laugh out loud... I didn't know if you knew all the computer lingo.

Lilian said...

Um, if it means our "inheritance" then start walking!

;-)

Karalee said...

Hi Auntie Trixie! I just found your blog...didn't know you had one : )
It was really fun reading up on what you and Alan have been doing this summer...you are amazing and have such a close, loving family. You are truly blessed!