Saturday, June 5, 2010

On This Day in History.....

.....Saturday June 5th 1954
my brother Jack who was stationed at Burtonwood USAF base close to Liverpool England came to visit us in Belfast and brought his brother-in-law Alan Marsden to Ireland for his first time and the rest is history :o)


(This picture was taken June 54)

(This picture was taken before he came to Belfast. Look at those shoulders :o))

3 comments:

Lilian said...

I had no idea this was the date.

I'm going to bed now. I will try not to think about my mother ogling my fathers shoulders. Then....

or now :-O

However, I'm still grateful to my uncle Jack for bringing my dad to Belfast!

Lesley said...

TMI... about the shoulders.

Marivic said...

One of the greatest love stories of all time :-) started this day. I say it's the greatest love story because it produced Alan Jr., of course!