
WHAT JOY!!!!
After three boys we were excited to have another girl. Lesley couldn't believe she had a sister!!!! She was born on the day before Thanksgiving and named Lilian after my Mother. So, being so excited to have a girl how do I explain my leaving her all alone when just a few weeks old in the laundromat? I can't. And, being so excited to have a girl how do I explain leaving her behind at the Church when she was 4 years old? I can't. I am just grateful I missed her and went back, and that a neighbor recognized we had left her behind and brought her home.
She was hospitalized for several weeks, starting at New Year's of 1967, first with pneumonia and then other unspecified conditions. What a worry! It took about 6 weeks but finally she came home to stay.
We all delighted in our baby girl. Even in the cause of photography when her Dad took away her easter egg and caused her to cry. It made good video but......... and then when we took her to the beach for the first time when she was 18 months she didn't like the sand so would stay on the blanket. Suited me, we didn't have to chase after her :o)
Nowadays she loves the beach and all that it entails, and she loves Disneyland.

She is the loving and devoted Mother of 5 boys, and has served in all capacities of Cub scouting. She has earned the right to be happy that her boys have out grown that program. She has been a diligent supporter of her Taylor as he has been involved in marching band and music. Now she is into missions and marriages as her eldest boy got married.
Although born in Bountiful, Utah she is proud of her British heritage and has visited England a couple of times and knows her way around like a native, or even better than some. :o) On one of her trips she saw the Queen or should I say the Queen got to see her.
She is the Queen of scrapbooking and got all of us involved in blogging. She has a nice big home and is always generous in sharing her home for family parties etc.
She makes fabulous sugar cookies and takes time to decorate them.
She has developed (no pun intended) a talent for photography and is generous in sharing her talent.
She has several friends who love to party with her and enjoy the ridiculous.
She is very patient.
She is devoted to the Lord and fulfills all callings as they are extended to her. She is teaching her boys to honor their Priesthood and women. She is someone I look up to and respect.
We love you Lilian, always have, always will. Happy Birthday Sweetheart and many more.

Lilian and her favorite people at one of her favorite places

8 comments:
Happy Birthday Lilian!! I hope you have a wonderful day! You are a very talented and generous person. I for one have really appreciated how you open your beautiful home for all of us to come and enjoy being together. I even cleaned out my kitchen cupboards this years for Thsnksgiving because I remember seeing how organized and clean your kitchen was last year!!
You are a very supportive wife and mother too. I have no doubt that they boys/men in your life know that they are loved and supported by you.
People love to be around you because you are so much fun to hang out with. Always the party animal.
I also really appreciate you sharing your talent as a photographer. You are very talented and always wanting to learn more!!
I love you and I am glad you are my sister IL!
As the third of the three boys born before Lilian it's wonderful to know I inspired such delight and joy and relief over the birth of a little girl :)
Although I was only three, I remember Lilian coming home from the hospital. I'd forgotten about the Primary Children's Hospital thing but the mention of it pricked my memory just a bit.
Lilian IS fun to be around and we just got to spend a couple of days with her and her family here in California. Next time we need to give you some time in the kitchen to make some sugar cookies. They ARE the best.
Have a happy birthday Lilian! I'm glad you're my sister.
Lileenz is a kind and thoughtful sister in law and I am glad she is mine. She is always fun to be around. I admire the dedication she has to her family. She is her boys' number one fan and advocate and is a great example of what a great Mom is like. If I lived closer to her I would have liked being one of her girlie pals and Tara and I would probably kidnap her now and then from her boys and do girlie stuff with her --like going to see broadway musicals:-). I'm so glad Lileenz and I share the same interest in photography even though she is more talented and she specializes in photographing people while I specialize in photographing -- well, weeds! :-) Luv ya Leenz!
And of course I forgot to say, Happy birthday Lileenz! :-)
Happy birthday Lilian!
You must be doing something right, when all your children's friends want to come to your house to hang out. :-)
I will always remember Dad coming to my third grade class to tell me that I had a baby sister. It must have brought him great joy to be able to tell me that good news. I do remember Lilian being in the hospital. I cried myself to sleep every night and never told anyone about it. I'm not sure why now? Either I missed my baby sister or I was scared, probably both. I happened to be home from school on the day that the hospital called Mom and told her that she could come and get Lilian. I can still remember her excitement as she dropped everthing and we rushed to the hospital. I remember how happy Mom was. Lilian is the BEST sister. Mike and I always call up and invite ourselves over to watch a movie and we are welcomed with open arms (literally, from Cory). She always shares her home, her photography skills, her time, and other talents. I have always felt so lucky and blessed to have Lilian as my sister. I hope you had a wonderful birthday Leenz, you deserve it!!! Love you, MEAN IT!!!!!
Timothy said.....
Lilian is a great sister and you can tell that her boys (including Cory) love her. I remember when she came home from the hospital; I celebrated by climbing a big tree in front of Frazier's house. Lilian was always extra generous with her Barbie stuff (haha).
It has been fun seeing her sense of humor really blossom in the last several years. I was married just after she turned 16 but in reality I left home when she was still 13 years old so I hadn't appreciated her funny humor at that point. Lilian cracks me up!!
I do remember leaving her at the laundromat and at church. As kids we thought it was hilarious (but only after the fact because she was our precious baby sister and it was scary when it happened).
I love, love, love hanging out at Lilian's house. It is a home filled with love and laughter and I always feel like I am in my own home when I am there. It is a warm, comfortable, and welcoming environment.
Happy Birthday Leenz!! I love you!!
It's okay mom. I forgive you for leaving me behind.
I think the reason I must be such a good mom is because I learned how to be from my Angel Mother.
Thank you for all the nice things you said. And to everyone else too. I love you all.
Post a Comment