
.... is bonny and blythe and good and happy. Well, I can't use the other word!!!
It seems only a few short years ago that Archie asked me how I felt about my kids turning 30!!!!! now my Grandkids are turning 30 and Archie is the second of our kids to turn 50!!!!!
He was born at home, 36 Trassey Close Belfast, At 4:20am on a Sunday morning. While we waited for the midwife to come it was just Mom and Dad (Lesley was asleep in another room) waiting. All was quiet and dark and we were just waiting....... a very special spiritual moment. He was named Archie after his paternal Grandfather, and does a great job of honoring him. As a baby he "failed" to thrive and was in hospital for several weeks. A good friend Sammy Douglas, fasted for two days before going with Alan to administer to Archie and within two days Archie was home and hasn't looked back. He was always a quiet child not always talking but when he did he would use BIG words and speak clearly. We would look at each other in amazement. He was always quite patient BUT if you teased him enough he would let you know, as in one time when we were living at Uncle Roy's waiting to come to Salt Lake, Keith teased him enough that he formed a fist and said to Keith, "If you don't watch it I'll give you that" He wasn't yet three. He has always been very loving and compassionate. Once I was potty training one of the littler ones and Archie sat on the bathroom floor to keep the child company and said, "don't worry, your Archie is here". He was about six.

In later years he introduced his Dad and I to the National Park in Utah that is named after him !!!!! Well, it would have been if the namers knew him!!!!!
He is a hard worker and is/was welcomed with open arms when LDS hospital was changing it's computer system. He brings a feeling of competency with him. And always with a laugh and a smile.
He served a mission in Auckland, New Zealand. And later when the girls attended Catholic private school was involved in their various activities. The Priests enjoyed his humor.
He is very generous and kind. He is surrounded by women, he has a wife and three daughters, even the dog is a girl. I admire him.
He is very tender-hearted and has a philosophy that when JuLee is happy everyone is happy. Smart man.
He loves the Lord and his neighbor. He goes the extra mile.

Alyssa, Archie, JuLee, Ammanda, and Aubree.
You will have to imagine a lovely yellow lab "Biscuit" at their feet
I enjoy reading Archie's blog. I have learned a lot about him.
Happy Birthday son, and many more. We love you .
P.S. Take another look at Lesley's family friday on Archie and everyone's comments.

10 comments:
You posted at 4:20 am!!! Why in the world were you up at that time of the morning!!! But it was a great post. Next time you make soup invite me over! :)
Happy Birthday Archie. Sorry we couldn't make it to your party Saturday night.
Happy birthday, Archie! 50, wow! We're not too far behind you so you'll be our example of how to turn 50 gracefully :-) Sorry we couldn't celebrate the big day with you and the family Saturday night, but we were thinking of you. Here are hugs from California!
Happy birthday Arch!! And many, many more. Love you.
Archie is awesome! He is one of my favorite brothers!
I hope Archie had a wonderful birthday!! It was great to spend time with the Archie Marsden family along with everyone else on Saturday. Archie is a good man!! The way we finish the poem is....
But the Child that is born on the Sabbath Day is wonderful and perfect in every way.
Thanks for the special post Mum. Given my recent family friday feature, a birthday party in my honor and this post from my mother you'd think that this would all go to my head. And you'd be right.
Truth be told i'm extremely humbled. I've been blessed with the best parents, brothers and sisters that anyone could hope for.
Having the family over last Saturday was the highlight of my year. Julee told me that while everyone was singing happy birthday to me that I looked so completely happy, and she was right.
I can't wait to see you all this Saturday night at the Christmas party. I'll be bringing ALL my girls, and I'm super excited.
I Love You Mum.
JuLee says...
What a wonderful man and I need to say, "I Love Archie with my whole heart and soul"....Mom and Day you have raised Archie beautifully. I never knew or have forgotten that Archie was so sick when he was born. Thank you for taking good care of him. I have the best life ever and have been so blessed with Archie and the girls in my life. They are my life. I Love you all.
Timothy said....
When Archie turned 13 he wanted to get up early and celebrate at 4:20 a.m. Alan and I were eager to help him celebrate so we set the alarm and woke up at around 4:00. Then we dragged our sleepy bodies upstairs and sat in the living room waiting for the magical moment.
At precisely 4:20 a.m. we said "Happy Birthday Arch." And then we all went back to bed. It was about a 20 minute process and there was no fanfare, or party hats. Yet, I think it showed just a glimpse of how much Alan and I admired our big brother. I'll never forget the moment.
I love you Arch!
Tim I always thought you and Alan were awesome for getting up with me that day. The more years that pass the more it means to me.
The first time I told that story to Julee and the girls they were all way impressed. Still are.
You're a good man Tim. You have a wonderful family. I love you all.
Alan, I love you too. I missed you this weekend. As the whole family was at the party my thoughts were with you all and the special significance December 12th holds for you.
Post a Comment