Friday, February 20, 2009

Movie Lines

Last night at the time when we are usually thinking it is time for jammies and retiring, Granpa was in the process of putting some soda in the fridge to chill when one can, acting on it's own impulse, jumped from the counter onto the floor and and blew it's top. It acted like a
"catherine wheel" (firework) and sprayed it's contents far and wide. All over the floor, the walls, the cabinets (high and low), the fridge which was open so....., the scriptures sitting on the table, the chairs, the verticals, and probably places we have not as yet discovered. Are you laughing? I admit if it had happened to you I would be laughing...... but Granpa cleaned up the best he could last night and then this morning discovered the fridge door stuck shut.

So let me brag. Our kitchen is clean. The walls, the floor, the cabinets, the appliances, the blinds the windows.


So now to the movie line. My favorite movie is
"My Fair Lady", at the end of the show when Professor Higgins has had a showdown with Eliza,
he is walking home and he says,

"DAMN, DAMN, DAMN, DAMN"

7 comments:

Lesley said...

I started to laugh when I read the fridge was stuck. It pays to have an Apollonian in the house :-)

Little GrumpyAngel said...

I don't mean to make light of the mishap and Dad's "misery", but I'm cracking up! :-) That's unfortunate that the fridge was stuck but very funny. Did Dad get it unstuck?

Lilian said...

I seriously was NOT laughing until the DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN. I know my father well. I know him well enought there might have been a S--T in the middle of all the spraying going on. And I can also hear my mother laughing.... one of those low throat laughs that can only be heard between long pauses. The kind where you are laughing SO HARD that you cannot breathe. Then when you finally have the air it comes out like a large seal calling to another on the other end of the ice berg.... UGHHHHHHHHHH........HUUUUUUUUUUGHHH

Bonnie and Jim said...

I'm sorry for your explosion. There is nothing worse than sticky. That is a good part. It is one of my favorite movies. I love Audrey Hepburn, she is beautiful.

Lesley said...

Mother I know you probably liked the background you chose for your blog....but do you know it says Autumn?

Tiffany said...

I think I would enjoy that movie very much. Well-the last line at least! Sorry about the explosion-I would have said a few D's in there for certain.

Tiffany said...

P.S.-Thanks for the name suggestions. I agree with your dad 100%. That was my biggest reason not to name my last son, Joshua. Although he has never been called Josh by me. That is my criteria for this one-a name that can't be shortened.